Clipper Servicing and Repair
For horse, dog, cattle and sheep clippers
What you need to do:
1. Ensure that we can repair/service your clipper or trimmer
Whilst we repair all well-known brands of clipper, we cannot and will not repair clippers that are manufactured in far-eastern countries like China as we are unable to source replacement parts. Please see our comprehensive Servicing/Repair guide for a detailed list of clippers that can/cannot be examined.
2. Fill out our Machine Service & Repair Sheet and include it with your clipper
You can download your form here.
If you’re unable to print off the form, please make sure you have completed all the fields in an accompanying note.
3. Package up your Machine
If possible, we recommend that all machines remain in their plastic carry case that is packaged using a generous amount of bubble wrap or padding.
4. Include the following on the outside of your parcel:
* Your address (just in case there’s any problems with your parcel in transit)
5. Send your Machine into us
Mains powered machines can be posted using Royal Mail by taking them to your local post office. We recommend sending them using a Tracked and/or signed for service. PLEASE WRITE 'MACHINE ENCLOSED' ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR PACKAGE (to ensure they arent mixed up with blade sharpening parcels).
Battery powered machines MUST be sent using a courier. We recommend using UKMail who will accept all batteries that are being collected and delivered within the UK. Please follow this LINK directly to their booking page.
Arrival of your machine at Clippersharp HQ
* When your clippers arrive, they are booked in; the contents of your parcel is listed and the date of arrival is noted. We do not provide notification of receipt.
* Once at the front of the queue, they will be taken into the workshop and examined by the engineer. If requested, a quote will be provided by telephone (on the condition that the work required is outside the remit of a standard service).
* The engineer will then carry out all the necessary work on your machine
* Once the work is complete, we will contact you to take payment details over the telephone. Payment can be made by bank transfer if preferred – just let us know.
* Your machine will then be packaged up and dispatched with our chosen courier which is UKmail.
All costs are inclusive of the following:
* Service/Repair Charge
Mains Powered clippers - £35.00
Battery powered clippers with battery and charger - £35.00
Battery powered clippers without battery and charger - £17.50
Pet/Horse/Vet Trimmer - £17.50
* Replacement Parts
The cost of replacement parts can only be determined once the engineer has examined your machine. A replacement tension set is always provided, unless specified otherwise.
* Return Postage
Our going rate for return postage is currently £9.50 for all machines.
Blade sharpening prices
Horse/Cattle Blades - £8.00
Pet/Trimmer Blades - £7.00
All blades received in the workshop will be sharpened unless specified otherwise in an accompanying note.